Newton's Laws of Motion

Here are the three Newtons Laws of motion:
  1. Newtons first(1st) law of motion, 
  2. Second(2nd) Law of motion 
  3. and Newton's third(3rd) Law of motion.

Newtons first law of motion


Newtons 1st law of motion states that everybody continues in its state of rest or in constant velocity motion unless acted upon by an external force.

Newtons first law of motion simply means that no change in motion takes place unless an external force acts on the body. 

Newtons second law of motion

The rate of change of momentum of a body is directly proportional to the external force acting upon it.

In its simplest form what newtons second law of motion is saying the acceleration on a body is directly proportional to the external force applied.

The formulas relating to newtons second law of motion is:
Force = mv - mu / t

or can be simplified as:
F = m(v - u) / t

but remember a = v - u / t

therefore F = ma

Where F is force, m is mass, u and v are initial and final velocity respectively, t is time and a is acceleration.

Newtons third law motion

Newtons 3rd law of motion states that if a body A exerts a force on a body B, then Body B will exert an equal but opposite force on Body A.

Applications of Newtons Laws of motion:

1st law:- When a car crashes the car stops but the person on the inside continues to move because there is no external force exerted on the person.

2nd Law:- Increase the force, by using gas, on the car and the acceleration will also increase.

3rd Law:- A bouncing ball applies a force to the ground and the ground applies an equal but opposite force on the ball.


Interested in more Science notes ?

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

15 Response to Newton's Laws of Motion

March 4, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Hahahahahah!!! Funny guys! I'm sure some chemistry and physics teachers have read answers like that in exams.

March 7, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Great!!!! Hahaha!! You definitely are funny guys!

March 9, 2011 at 2:04 AM

You teaches newton's law to reader in very easy way, When i was in O ' level, this question was very important and comes mostly in exams papers.
Thanks for information

March 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM

very simple answers, when i was in school i got puzzled in 2nd and 1st law of motions. but now i m computer science graduate and far away from chemistry!

March 11, 2011 at 3:11 AM

The scrutiny is in convincing fact the freshest topic on this consistent subject. I am be in harmony with your conclusions and will strongly look forward to your about to happen updates.

March 11, 2011 at 5:02 AM

Hahahaha!!! I remember having thought of replying like that when I was asked that in an exam and I couldn't remember the answer.

March 15, 2011 at 2:54 AM

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very useful information specifically the last part Smile I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

April 27, 2011 at 5:40 AM

I really admire time and dedication you show towards your post.

April 27, 2011 at 5:43 AM

I really admire time and dedication you show towards your post.

June 15, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it, I have you bookmarked to check out all the new stuff you post.

August 1, 2012 at 5:14 AM

I am no expert of this place, but I think you just created the best factor. You obviously know a lot about what you are mentioning, and I can really get behind your thinking. Thanks for being so instantly and so honest about the subject. I really experience like I have a better awareness now. Thanks

August 6, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Hi there thank for give us valuable information in your blog i hope you can provide more information like this in future. Thanks mate

August 14, 2012 at 5:14 AM

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback. mens breeches

December 22, 2012 at 6:16 AM

I Like your blog,will sharing this with my friends, excellent work.
utility brokers

September 4, 2018 at 9:15 AM

A body is directly proportional to the external force acting upon it.
cheap Stansted airport parking

Post a Comment

Have a Question or a Comment?